We needed a place to put all the new books I got for school. Katie thinks I buy too many, but 23 books is not too many. Bringing about three times that number home from the library, yeah, that was a lot. (I still stand by the idea that there is no such thing as too many books. That's like having too much sugar--no such thing.) Anyway, after filling the little shelf space we had, I decided to build a new book shelf.

Ben watched, and then they decided to help Daddy. Let me tell you, they were more help than you could imagine. I mean, without them I never would have known that so many used nails could fit in one mouth.
Ben watched, and then they decided to help Daddy. Let me tell you, they were more help than you could imagine. I mean, without them I never would have known that so many used nails could fit in one mouth.
As you see, I finished. I call it the cool bookshelf. If you want one, they are only $1000 each. But I could give you a family rate if you mention this blog. (In case it is illegal to sell things on the blog, I'm not. It was just a joke. I don't think anyone would pay that much anyway. (If you really want to pay that much, we'll call it a donation ;) ))
4 comments:
That is an amazing book shelf! I'm so jealous! And I'm SUPER impressed you made it:) Good job. Maybe I WILL buy one from you. he he.
That is a really great shelf. Did you use hard wood? I've seen similar ones on West Elm for way too much. I may have to be a copycat and build one myself.
I actually just got some cheap pine from Home Depot. The materials were probably around $35. As you can see, I have a pretty high mark-up.
This is awesome stuff, Katie and Zach! What a great collection of photos and commentary! Keep it coming!
Post a Comment