Thursday, October 18, 2007

Crafty Katie

What is one to do when one is in possession of a dingy, old frame but is short on moo-la?
One breaks out the glue.

I tore up some newspaper and just set to it with some Mod Podge. Glossy, of course.

I let it dry overnight.

Then set to it with some acrylics.
I was going to do it in black, but Zach convinced me to go with something bolder. And what, I ask you, is bolder than red? Hmm... maybe orange.

And now don't those Parisian women look happy? Of course they do! Not as happy as if they were in a custom Givenchy frame with french mat frame, maybe. But, if they had wanted that, they should have been bought at that yard sale by someone with more money.

Fous parisiens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Red is a great color and the frame looks great! I want to be more crafty like you! Your family is so sweet, by the way, sorry I missed you before you left.