Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Lil' Herb Garden

I bought these the other day from our local garden commune (of course we have a local garden commune, silly.) I haven't repotted them as yet, because I need to get some pots for them. English Lavender
I was looking around online and I realized that the reason the lavender seeds I planted never successfully grew is because lavender doesn't grow well from seeds, they do better from cuttings. Seems like a bit of a lazy plant to me.

Greek Oregano
This smells so very, very good!

Italian Parsley
Apparently this is harder to grow than the curly lettuce, but I really don't garnish, so we'll stick with this.

So, I'm going to plant them sometime this week after I get some pots and soil. I'll keep you posted. I'm also thinking about getting some Saffron Crocus to grow our own saffron. Hurrah for paella!

1 comment:

meg said...

i think it's so cool you're going to start a garden! even if it's small. good luck with it. i really like your blog.