Thursday, April 17, 2008
Your Summer Abroad?
I was thinking about everyone's responses to our Spain trip and I'm wondering where would you want to spend your summer abroad?
If you could just shut your house up and find another place about the same price and all that (no four star hotels and yachts and the like. Unless you can afford that. And if you can, come and talk to me). I'm really quite curious actually. I know five years ago I never would have thought I would be in Spain at all. I probably would have picked Ireland, New Zealand or Austria back then. Who knows?
I want to hear all the fabulous details of your imaginary summer. Or your real one, if that is a dream come true, as well. So, come on, spill it.
Photo: http://www.ncl-coll.ac.uk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
it really depends on what I'd be doing over there,... are we talking about vacation here? or are we talking about study? or are we talking about just getting away from it all,... I really ahve no idea where I would want to go. Spain sounds as awesome as anywhere,...
Just whatever you would want to be doing. You could have a mixture of working, studying, and relaxing. We are going over to study, but that will only be happening for a portion of the time.
I would love to experience Greece! I love Greek food! (well, you know... the non animal head kind of Greek food.) and an equally exciting choice for me would be Italy. Note my reasons for both of these choices are the food!!! I would love to try some real, authentic Italian food. It's just too bad I can't do the full experience and have all of the fancy wine that is supposed to compliment the dishes so well. Ahhh well.
ok fine,.. i choose hawaii or germany/switzerland or russia,..or any town next to the ocean in south america or europe.
why? because I love hawaii,... I am interested in my german/swiss heritage think of leiderhosen,.. russia because it intrigues me,.. but I don't think i'd really like it,.. and an ocean town in south america or europe because I've always wanted to live in a quaint port town where every house has an amazing view,.. the beach is inches away and there's a lot of balmy weather,..(so yes,..the town would have to have balmy weather),..I think it would relax me to have great views and balmy weather.
Greece! Oh my goodness. Why is it that I want to just bask in Greece? (That sentence, taken out of context, sounds very, very odd.) You've got all your bases covered Theresa! I love it! I think you should try the Mallorca Islands off the coast of Spain. I'm not sure how balmy it is, but it looks fabulous.
yeah,.. there's many other places I could go to,.. but those sound the most appealing minus russia. it is sounding less and less fun to me,... don't know why I put it.
Oh, it's not the Mallorca Islands. It's the Balearic Islands. I don't know where I got Mallorca. Kinda sounds like a sea bird, though. Hmm...
Greece is a very nice place. My brother and I enjoyed it immensely. Karey and I have some experience with random semesters abroad. We spent almost three months in the Czech Republic right after we got married. If you go far back on our blog, you see stories, pictures. We also tried to live frugally, which meant, not traveling as much but we still traveled some and it was a blast. We lived in the tiniest apartment in Prague (although living in the smallest town in Spain would be fun for you as well, it would be more relaxing, less hecticness to worry about). Anyway, maybe I can convince my wife that we need to spend another few months overseas after the baby is born.
wow, it is hard to pick one. i am so excited that you guys are going to spain! my aunt spent a month there for an immersion program (she teaches Spanish at a high school) and i don't remember which city she was in, but she absolutely loved it.
anyway...switzerland would be cool, and i'm with you on new zealand. i'd also be interested in denmark or sweden to study design. and i would love to go back to hawaii or somewhere like it...
Post a Comment