Friday, November 21, 2008

it never rains, but it pours...

grape juice.

So, we had another episode involving two people around three feet tall and a mess. Only this time, instead of eggs, it involved a freshly made pitcher of grape juice. I wasn't there for the actual mess making, I was at a Enrichment activity (hurray for Midnight Madness crafts), but was called home early because Zach is violently ill and, well, the boys had destroyed our house.

Luckily, the juice was spilled on the linoleum this time. Unluckily, it seeped under most of our large appliances (i.e. washer, dryer, stove). And this mess only took me about half an hour to clean up! Huzzah for small victories! I did have to move the washer and dryer around though. If I was truly into full disclosure and honesty, I would have taken a picture of exactly what was under the dryer, in addition to the grape juice. But, I'm not. I will tell you that lots of lint, two fridge magnets spelling "HO", and a chicken bone were involved.

Next order of business: Toddler Proof the Fridge. Like, last week.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm so sorry,... isn't it so special how exploratory they're being and the mischief is only a result of a high intensity for fun and a love of embracing life and fulfilling their capabilities,.. isn't it amazing each thing they come up with to do? ok,. normally I'd be mad, but I guess I'm having one of those step back moments and wonder at how toddler's come up with the things they do and why they do it.. haha. Hope zach feels better soon,..It's a lot harder to deal with the mess when one of you is down I can imagine.

Katie said...

They are amazing. And all the little things they do are so full of wonder. But they can do it without making a mess. :)

Vanessa said...

It's obvious our kids are related. Mine make horrific messes all the time. People read my blog and tell me how their kids would never do things like this. I think they're all 4 little scientist baby geniuses.

Unknown said...

yes, you are a saint!