Wednesday, October 8, 2008

An Apology and a Tag

First of all, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I have left you, my friends, family, etc. out in the cold, dark cyberspace with not even a hint of our goings on. I'm weak. I'm only human. The truth is, that I have been a tiny bit busy. "Whatever, Katie!" you are all saying, "everyone's busy!" That's probably true, but it's really my only excuse. We've been up to our eyeballs in events, occasions, toddler shenanigans, packages to mail, dishes to clean, sickness to clean up (Ben and I were sick over the weekend) and more toddler shenanigans. We've just been busy. Oh, and I could not find a memory card for the camera. And I was reading New Moon and Eclipse. It's been crazy.

And that's my final word on my terrible blogging lately. I hope you can accept my apology and stop guilting me.

Anyway, moving right along, My loverly friend Theresa tagged me with some crazy eights tag. And I intend to answer that tag. But, I modified it a little bit because I don't have eight answers for some of the questions. And here we go:

8 Favorite TV shows...
  1. 30 Rock
  2. The Simpsons
  3. Jeeves and Wooster
  4. What Not to Wear
  5. Good Eats
  6. Arrested Development
  7. Ugly Betty
  8. Pushing Daisies
8 Favorite Restaurants...

  1. Cafe Rio
  2. Burger Supreme
  3. Granny's Drive-in
  4. Ottavio's
  5. Fortune
  6. Bombay House
  7. Tokyo
  8. Doner Kebab
8 things that happened this weekend...

  1. I finished reading Eclipse (and then started it again. Crazy weirdo.)
  2. Ben and I were sick
  3. We had a babysitting exchange with Todd and Betty (who are awesome)
  4. I learned how to knit from Bronwen at her Craftea party.
  5. We watched General Conference (though, because I was sick, I did sleep through a hefty portion of it)
  6. Zach and I went out to eat at a yummy Mexican restaurant
  7. I picked the first strawberry off my strawberry plant.
  8. It rained for the first time in months
8 things to look forward to...

  1. The weather starting to cool (it is just barely happening)
  2. Halloween and getting the boys dressed up for trick-or-treating
  3. Getting the house back in order
  4. Start decorating, which is dependent on #3
  5. Seeing family at Thanksgiving
  6. Reading Breaking Dawn and finishing the Twilight saga
  7. Start working on some of the story ideas I had over the summer
  8. (In the very distant future) Being done with school. Someday.
8 things on my wishlist...

  1. A bright red KitchenAid mixer
  2. Black XS Perfume (I used to go into a store and spray it on myself everyday when we were in Spain. It's lovely.)
  3. The Bob Weather Shield for Duallie Strollers.
  4. A Can opener that leaves a smooth edge (like this one.)
  5. The A&E Version of Pride and Prejudice on DVD. (And a gazillion other DVDs, but we'll leave it at that).
  6. A huge bookcase to organize and control Zach's ever expanding collection of books.
  7. A really hefty pastry cutter
  8. Shikai Borage Facial Cleanser & Face Lotion (Actually, I kinda want the whole line, but these would be a good start).
So, there you go. Because I don't want anyone to be upset with me in anyway, I'm only tagging the people that fill this description:
  1. You want to be tagged
  2. When you saw that I was tagged, you hoped that I would tag you
  3. You weren't relieved when you didn't see your name here.
And there you have it.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I love it! very nice,... I love your wishlist. we broke down and got a couple bookshelves last year for the same reason from target. yeah,.. they're not amazing, but they work and were not expensive.

Stef said...

Whatever Katie, everybody's busy!

:)

btw, anyone who loves arrested development is ryan and i's best friend for life!

meg said...

we were only in california for two weeks and it took me forever to get back in the swing of things, so i can only imagine what it's been like for you.
someday, i look forward to exchanging stories with you, as discussed.
and finally, hooray for 30 rock! we just watched season 1 on dvd because we'd missed a lot of them. blurg!

Nicole said...

I am on old friend of Zach and Vanessa and couldn't help but notice that you wanted a can opener that won't leave sharp edges.

I love this one from tupperware: (its a link)

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_code=10004&fv_item_number=P10056412000

Many of the things on my wish list are the same, especially the bookshelf.

Hope you get all 8!

PS you should never apologize when life gets crazy. It happens to us all!