Then came Christmas. Our neighbor gave us a DVD of Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas. It's a movie by The Wiggles. Had you already figured that out? Well, good. I popped that in, thinking that it would distract them for the standard ten minutes while I started dinner. As I was successfully preparing a meal without any interruptions, I began to wonder if the boys were okay. I found them both standing inches away from the TV, with these exact expressions on their tiny little faces.
That first Wiggly encounter was, of course, far, far, far from being the last. We watched that DVD so much that we decided to bring it with us to Maine and burden Grammie and Grampie with it. After Christmas, the boys still wanted to watch it. After several weeks, totaling to almost two months of the same Christmas movie, I decided that measures needed to be taken. Enter YouTube. We found that tons of people have put little clips of the Wiggles online for our viewing pleasure. it really is so sweet of them. Really.
The boys will request the Wiggles by saying, "Wiggy!" They know the moves to a few of their songs. They pretend to be asleep and then say, or try to say, "one, two, three, wake up!" for those of you who don't have a clue what I am talking about, this is a particularly funny joke performed by the narcoleptic, purple Wiggle, Jeff. We have spent countless hours playing this game where one of us "falls asleep" and the others wake them up. Good times.
I'm not in love with all this Wiggle watching, but at the same time, I don't hate it. The boys enjoy it and they really won't watch it for too long before they get distracted. And if truth be told, I like the Wiggles. They are extremely silly and kinda funny and they have very addictive songs. Zach and I have both had various Wiggles' songs stuck in our heads. So, if you have a moment, here is a look into this Wiggly, Wiggly World that we are entrenched in. But be careful, because they'll probably get stuck in your head as well.
And there is a whole lot more where that came from.
5 comments:
there are much worse things than the wigglys..hehe. at least they're mildly entertaining and don't just make up a bunch of nonsense words. :) oh,.. and yeah,.. they're real people not puppets or wierdos.
I was a watching the clip and Quincey sure loved it!!! (we've watched it before) he is a big fan. I love the picture of you with the boys. You are pretty.
Part of me is amazed that i just watched that whole clip.
Even more amazing is the fact that I looked them up online to verify my hypothesis that they're from Australia. You should read what's posted on Wikipedia. These guys are kind of a big deal. Amazing.
Ah! Thanks, Megan! You sweetie. I am actually very particular about what photos I put of myself on here, but I still appreciate it.
as if you could look anything other than beautiful,.. You look a lot like your mom in those pics... and that's a compliment. :)
Post a Comment