Wednesday, March 5, 2008

why me?

I was going to title this post "a series of unfortunate events" and then I realized that I had already used that. That is probably a bad sign. We went on a walk yesterday and bought this pot.
It's called a strawberry pot. You plant strawberries in it. You may be wondering to yourself, wondering, "Katie, aren't you guys poor college students? What are you doing buying elaborate, specially named pots?"

Oh, we broke it.

Yep. We had just stopped by our local non-profit garden center to look at their seedlings and were about to leave when our giant, monster of a stroller (have I mentioned I want a new stroller) knocked it over. And it broke.

So, we ended up paying $18 for this. Ya, I know. I'm not too happy about it. Luckily, because I have a long history of breaking things I have become amazingly adept at putting things back together (I once ruined a cassette tape of my sister's, took it apart, and taped it back together without her knowing. Until now. Sorry Carina!)

At least now we know which side is the back.

After leaving with our broken pot, we went to the library to return a book about trucks that the boys had torn apart while my back was turned. It's going to cost us $23. Zach says that we need to make sure that we get to keep it.

So now the only question is, what are we going to plant in this pot? Any ideas?

2 comments:

Theresa said...

um,... i really like strawberries,...is that a good idea? or do they just call it a strawberry pot for nothing.

Katie said...

That is why they call it a strawberry pot, actually. I'm probably going to do some strawberries and mix in some herbs or flowers. I'll keep you posted.