Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Stories

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a glorious Easter. Sorry I didn't get this post up yesterday, but there is a Wii in the house and I am only human. Anyway, we had a fun filled day, as well as fun filled days leading up to it. As I mentioned before, we are down in Phoenix, Arizona visiting Zach's family. It's been oodles of fun. We got three baby chicks and a baby duck from a pet store to have fun with over Easter. Apparently they dye some with food coloring this time of year. Interesting. We got a red one and a blue one and a natural one. And a duck. The duck has really stolen the show, as it likes to be held and likes to fall asleep on everybody. It is truly adorable and Emma, Zach's little sister, has fallen in love with him. We named him Sir Lucky Waddlesworth. Yep. And the natural one is Buttercup and the blue one is Orlando Blue. The naming took a good deal of time and was done with deep consideration and sincerity. Anyway, lets move onto pictures.

Sam, enjoying the duck and chicks, before he learned he could pick them up.

Then we moved onto picking them up. Not always gently, but he was trying. Really trying. He would pick one up, drop it on my lap, then pick it up again and drop it on the ground. Good times.

Dyeing eggs!
Ben really got ino the eggs. Maybe you can tell that by the huge puddles of blue dye. There will be an orange puddle a few minutes after this picture.

Oh, there it is. He stained his hands and somehow managed to dye the entire bottoms of his feet two different colors. But man-oh-man did he dye some fabulous eggs.

Ben and Sam listening to bunny songs on Grandpa's Victrola. They really love this.

Opening Easter baskets! Emma and Hannah got us up pretty early to do this, but it still managed to be fun.
Update: Sam, not Ben, and his new cars. (So, in case you are wondering, yes, I do get them mixed up from time to time)

We had an easter egg hunt after dinner. Ben found the first one. He wanted me to peel it so he could eat it.

Sam, putting eggs into his basket.

Sam, stealing eggs from Ben to put in his basket. He really got the hang of Easter egg hunting quickly.

Tallying it all up.

We had a lot of fun. And I'll probably put a video of Easter Egg hunting up here later. But, to get distracted by a fabulously fun video game is human. In the mean time, here is a picture Sam riding Harry the dog like a horse. Enjoy!


5 comments:

Theresa said...

haha,.. fun fun easter! looks like a blast. I can't wait to have kids to make all the holidays fun again,.. haha.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Never a dull moment at your house! Love the pics, your boys are pretty much the cutest boys i've ever seen.

Isola said...

HI! They are so adorable! I think Ben and Sam may be looking a little more different from each other.

Isola said...

By the way, this is Vanessa, apparently I am signed in as Paul

Katie said...

It was definitely a great Easter! As far as looking like each other, the jury is out. It kinda depends on the angles and the lighting and the alignment of the planets.