Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Nickname?

Ben has accumulated a lot of nicknames throughout his short life. Lil' Bear. Hollow Leg. Pirate Ben. There are more but I can't think of them at them moment. Sam hasn't really. If I'm not calling him Sam, Samuel, Sammy, Sams or one of the many other cute motherly names I give the boys interchangeably, he is Sam, Sam the Monkey Man. Because he looked like a little monkey to me when he was born. Same reason that Ben is called Bear. But today I think I may have come up with a good one: STICKERS!


I found him like this after changing Ben's diaper. He was really, really excited about them. He was jumping around and pointing at all the little stickers he had put on all by himself. I broke into my fairly big stash of stickers from elementary school and junior high the other day (can anyone say Pack Rat) and let the boys play with them. They are madly in love with stickers. Madly.

In case you're wondering, Sam is standing on our kitchen stool. That is why he is up at counter level. They've learned that if they push something (i.e. chair, stool, diaper packages) up to counters and tables be able to reach and break things. Or spill things - like the salt (like this morning) or the sugar (last Sunday). This is a terrible, terrible development. You Grandmas out there are laughing aren't you? You are just lovin' this aren't you? Well, laugh it up. The amount of "safe space" in our house is getting smaller and smaller! I won't have any space left that they can't climb up to! I'm going to have to rent a separate house for all my breakables.

I was trying to get a picture using natural light, but the combination of my camera and Sam's speed make this almost impossible.

Oh, ya. This makes me remember another nickname for them: Diablitos.



P.S. Don't forget to vote on what color we should paint our chairs. It's neck and neck right now! You could be the deciding vote! Oh, the awesome responsibility!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

ha! stickers. just like lightning mcqueen!... how awesomely cool.

Katie said...

Ya, we had just seen Cars, so I imagine that had something to do with it. :)