Wednesday, February 13, 2008

easy as pie!


A few days ago, I thought I would make everyone really, really hungry and start to regret those dashed New Years resolutions. Sorry, but it needs to be done.

I made a pie.

A delicious, glorious pie. It was scrum-diddly-umptious! Sadly, it was a while ago and the pie is long gone. But the photos of it were safely nestled in our camera, so here ya go, fresh as fresh, what I call my Sonrisa Pie!

The Pie Crust. This is so easy. I just use the Betty Crocker Cookbook recipe.

Blueberries and Strawberries. Perfect and delicious. See how they glisten? That's a little bit of heaven right there.

This is the crumb topping. It adds a great crunch to the soft fruit. Or, in other words, it turns an ok pie into something you would want to tell all your friends, family, and a bunch of people you don't know in Asia and Europe, about.

Fresh out of the oven! Thank goodness that I put that pan there. I don't particularly care about the state of my oven, as long as it doesn't catch on fire (again...), but if that fruit goo had dripped down there, I may have had to. And that would have stunk. Possibly literally.

a piece o' pie.

I sprinkled a little vanilla sugar over the top before I baked it. Vanilla sugar is awesome and easy and smells incredible. All you have to do is add a split vanilla bean to a couple cups of sugar. You put them in a jar, let them sit for a few weeks and then sprinkle the resulting sugar on anything that you feel should be taken from good to divine.

The last piece of pie. This was a few days later, just for the record. We didn't eat the whole pie in one sitting. Again...

3 comments:

Theresa said...

oh man katie,... is it my birthday? Can you make me that pie?

Katie said...

If you come and visit us I will definitely make you a pie. No question. Maybe even a calzone if you are really lucky.

Vanessa said...

Just so you know. I am not a big pie fan. HOWEVER, you made it look delish. I just might have to try making a pie this weekend. By the way, I noticed the link to my blog on your page is wrong. I changed my blog to www.vanessabishop.blogspot.com. If you even care :)