Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai!


Happy New Year! That's what the title says. At least that is what the Internet told me. Tai? We had a little celebration in our neighborhood to commemorate the coming in of the Year of the Rat. This is my year, by the by. I am a rat. And proud.

Ben and Sam are big fans of Chinese food. Or at least Chinese take out. I hear there is a big, big difference.

Sam - the Noodle King


Ben was a big fan of the chopsticks. And the food. Big fan of the food.


Sam ate two whole pieces of the flounder! That is Zach coming through there.

Then they broke out the Karaoke and that was it. Sam ran right over and started getting his groove on. The boys love to dance. Ben loves to dance too, and did later, but his love of food won over at this point.

Sam - Singing and Dancing his own special version of "YMCA"

Y! M! C! A! Here he is turning around and "singing" into the microphone.

It was a whole lot of fun. The boys ran around and played with the other kids. I sang some too. "You're So Vain," my old standby. I rocked.

Did I mention that people born in the year of the rat are charming and inventive?

5 comments:

Theresa said...

they are so adoreable. Really,... :)

Matthew K said...

Ben and Sam are sooo cute. And their parents are two of the coolest people I know. By the way, how do you like the Bay Area?

Brittany said...

Just stumbled onto your blog, and I have to say: your boys are adorable, you are hilarious, and keep the fun coming!

Katie said...

It is amazing to me how many people have found this blog. Craziness. Thanks for saying the boys are cute. You are all correct. Matt, thank you for saying we are cool. Comments like these are always welcomed and appreciated. The Bay Area is great. The weather is fabulous and it is gorgeous. The only downside is that it really is very expensive. And there are a few weirdos. But otherwise, great.

Tai said...

It's TRUE - the year of the Rat is upon us. I love your blog.

And...I understand about expense AND weirdos. It's the price of living in a cool place.