Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Feast

The Thanksgiving Feast
(and Kimball, who snuck into the photo and who is absolutely adorable)


Here is the feast, my friends. We had turkey (glorious), red-mashed potatoes (insane), bacon wrapped dates (delicious), stuffing (traditional and Mexican - both great), cranberry sauce, cranlillie (wonderful), maple-glazed carrots (yummy), asparagus in a pomegranate sauce (heavenly), and country green beans (mm...mm...good). And then we several pies (pumpkin, mincemeat, and chocolate cream) and a pumpkin cobbler with whipped cream and ice cream for desert. It was fabulous. Fabulous.

Zach and me, in our chef coats that my family gave us. I think the black accents make Zach the head chef and I'm cool with that. Anything that means I don't have to stick my hand inside the dark, echoy, cavern that is the inside of a turkey is a good thing.

Thanks so much to Mom, for being our kitchen lackey (she didn't have a coat, only an apron, so there wasn't really anything we could do about it. A kitchen without rules is chaos.) And thanks to Todd and Betty and Andrew and Kim for coming over and celebrating with us. And bringing food. :) It was wonderful.

It was also great to be able to spend some time with some of my family. My Mom, Dad and younger brother came in for a few days.

Uncle Jonathan hanging out with Batman and Robin.

Grampie and Ben. I'm not 100% sure what is going on here. But they had fun.

It was a great holiday. Pictures of our trip to the beach and San Fransisco forthcoming. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I love the chef coats,.. and isn't it obvious what they're doing,.. pushups katie,.. male bonding,...you've seen wedding planner right?

Theresa said...

I want a head chef coat,.. it looks so fantastic,.. of course a couple cooking sessions with me and it'll start looking more like the not so professional chef that's worked to the bone and has no time to even keep and nice clean chef coat let alone a well run kitchen. ha!

kelsey said...

Chef coats...awesome. And I like that Wheat Thins are part of the feast table.

Stef said...

wow you guys look like you just walked off the set of the next food network star.

Katie said...

Ya,I feel very chefy and important when I cook wearing it. And you stay so clean! No wonder the real chefs wear them.

The Wheat Thins were for a delicious cream cheese dip that Betty brought. Delish!

I guess they are doing push ups. It's still a little weird, though.