Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The New "Slug Bug"

Katie and I have gotten bored of that tired old "Slug Bug" game. Easy game to play, especially when you live the campus life-style we do. But there is always that pang of guilt for calling the Volkswagen Beetle a Bug(two different models), and slug beetle just doesn't cut it. Call it the guilt of intellectual dishonesty.

Our solution? The Prius Punch. This car is as recognizable as the Volkswagen cars and they are plentiful. In addition to working out our anti-eco-liberal anger, we can have a little fun in life. The game works exactly the same way, we just substitute the Toyota Prius for the Bug and Voila! And let me tell you the Prius may be even more plentiful in this part of the country.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

nice. i like your header. are you trying to tell us something that the big giraffe is getting a baby giraffe for christmas? or did I see that wrong?

Katie said...

Those eco-freaks are leaving me black and blue! :)

But I disagree with Zach that they are as easily recognizable as the bug or beetle. I hardly even see them. This is probably part of why Zach likes the game so much.

Thanks about the header. No, the little giraffe is just decked out for Christmas. He's not a present.

Theresa said...

I was just trying to figure out what a giraffe might have to do with christmas, but hey if you live in a zoo I guess it applies,... ;) or at least feel like you do. (Not meant to be my opinion about where you live, but more of a rhetorical statement possibly explaining the presence of the giraffes aside from their cuteness) :)

Theresa said...

gosh I've gotta start checking the author now that zach has started posting. sometimes you "sound" the same. ha.

Unknown said...

I agree, that game has never been the same since the beetle came out. Just too confusing and brings up too much controversy! We are so going to play the Prius Punch game.

Sarah Q said...

I like your twist on this classic driving game. Now if only you could apply the punch to the Prius driver directly, you'd have a REAL winner!