Anyway, we finally got home, (and it is great to be home) got all our luggage inside, made sure nothing was broken, and then we all fell asleep on the couch and floor. Really. Until we woke up again around 3:00 a.m. and put on the Wiggles for the boys, who had been hitting me in the head with the DVD case since 2:30. But we've already foraged out for food and provisions and have probably 75% of our luggage unpacked and put away. And I've read a billion blog posts that I haven't checked all summer. And now that we have the internet readily available, I'll probably be posting some after-the-fact posts about our Spain trip. And you really can't stop me. But for now, I'm going to bed, because everyone else is sleeping, and when we wake up again tomorrow in the middle of the night, wide awake, we will start unpacking boxes.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
We're Home!!!
We are finally, finally home! And it feels good, people! We got home safe and more or less sound after a grueling trip. Though we are extremely jet lagged. And I came down with a cold (stupid recirculated air!). The boys did great on the plane, by the way. Except that they kept hitting the French lady's seat in front of them. And she kept turning around and glaring at me. Lovely. But they both fell asleep at the beginning and end of the flight and let us rest a bit. And jumped around on the seats and watched cartoons for several hours in between. When we finally got into San Fransisco, we were sooooo ready to be off the plane and sooooo freakin' ready to be home. Unfortunately for us, they left our stroller in London, where we connected, so we had to wait around for two hours or so while we figured that out. It was exhausting. Especially since it was about 4 in the morning for us and Zach and I didn't sleep on the plane at all (Because we're stupid, that's why not. Thanks very much.)
Anyway, we finally got home, (and it is great to be home) got all our luggage inside, made sure nothing was broken, and then we all fell asleep on the couch and floor. Really. Until we woke up again around 3:00 a.m. and put on the Wiggles for the boys, who had been hitting me in the head with the DVD case since 2:30. But we've already foraged out for food and provisions and have probably 75% of our luggage unpacked and put away. And I've read a billion blog posts that I haven't checked all summer. And now that we have the internet readily available, I'll probably be posting some after-the-fact posts about our Spain trip. And you really can't stop me. But for now, I'm going to bed, because everyone else is sleeping, and when we wake up again tomorrow in the middle of the night, wide awake, we will start unpacking boxes.
And by the way. It is so good to be home.
Anyway, we finally got home, (and it is great to be home) got all our luggage inside, made sure nothing was broken, and then we all fell asleep on the couch and floor. Really. Until we woke up again around 3:00 a.m. and put on the Wiggles for the boys, who had been hitting me in the head with the DVD case since 2:30. But we've already foraged out for food and provisions and have probably 75% of our luggage unpacked and put away. And I've read a billion blog posts that I haven't checked all summer. And now that we have the internet readily available, I'll probably be posting some after-the-fact posts about our Spain trip. And you really can't stop me. But for now, I'm going to bed, because everyone else is sleeping, and when we wake up again tomorrow in the middle of the night, wide awake, we will start unpacking boxes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay,.. I missed you Katie Pie!
Welcome back to to good ol' America Katie! I can't believe your already back! Summer has gone by so FAST! Even though its still HOT here in Arizona. I can't wait for October/November time...thats when it gets really nice here! I'm happy to hear that you all got back safe, and good luck with the whole jet-lag thing. Take care my friend!
I am so happy that you are back! Now I can actually call you guys!
hit in the head with the wiggles dvd--parenthood is glorious, isn't it? again, laughing out loud. that reminds me of the time i tried to have a slumber party in the living room with jane when brad was out of town. except it was charlie and lola instead of the wiggles.
Post a Comment