Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Guitar Hero

Ben is a boy of great passion. He loves to love things. One of his current loves, among pirates, superheroes and any type of vehicle, is guitars. He loves guitars. Ben has used a pair of kitchen tongs, a whisk, a broom, a spatula, and for several days, a guitar shaped, musical toy as a guitar.

Here he is playing the broom as a guitar and singing a song he wrote. Before he started he said, "This goes out to all the ladies out there." Sam is keeping the beat by slamming his car onto his tray.



He also has a singing style which sounds a lot like heavy metal and involves a whole lot of screeching. I prefer the more soulful music myself. Sam plays as well. They'll get together and Ben will play the broom and Sam will play the plunger, or vice versa, and they will make some good music together. They're thinking they'll start booking some gigs after they spend some time in Europe finding themselves and fine-tuning their sound.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

wow,.. if that isn't the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. I love it! hahaha. you should get them little cheapo ukelele's or something.

Theresa said...

of course those would actually make additional sound and perhaps that isn't your goal here. :)

Katie said...

I actually want to get them one. Not a electric toy with buttons, but one with strings. But we won't be able to bring it with us over the summer, so we'll just have to wait and see if he's still into guitars when we get home. I hope so.

Theresa said...

or,.. you can get it in spain!

Lillian said...

Oh man that is the cutest thing I have ever seen/heard! I love his rockin' out song! That is awesome. You guys'll have to get guitar hero or rock band someday for sure! he he.

Anonymous said...

didn't get a chance to tell you I love the new cut - it is very sttractive. Now for this newest one. I am so glad the boys plan on carry on with the family tradition of music. Great. I will have to find a couple of small (very small) toy guitars somewhere and send them. Not to early to start - Gpa will help I'm sure. x & os, etc...gma/ggma

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

So cute! I absolutely love reading all your posts! Keep them up, they are so fun! :)