While I was making it I convinced Ben that if I gave him one of the lemons I could put him down and use both my hands. He was pointing at them and saying "app" or apple, which is how the boys refer to any fruit except bananas. So, I put him down and he ran off with the lemon. A few minutes he came back whining loudly, threw the lemon (which now had big teeth marks in it) and started spitting and wiping his tongue. Poor little guy!
The parsley (on the fence) is growing like mad. We use it constantly and add it to just about everything. I'm forever sending Zach out to grab me a couple of sprigs. The lemon thyme there has been fun too, though it isn't growing as quickly, so I'm letting it get a little strength before I start snipping and harvesting. Though it did assist in that fabulous corn dish that we had for Thanksgiving.
There are no pictures here of my rosemary or sweet basil. The basil was doing great until we left for Christmas, then after a few weeks of neglect and several days of hard rain, it decided it had had enough and wilted beyond recognition. The rosemary never had a chance. It was showing signs of ill treatment from the first moments I transplanted it. It's a little annoying since there is rosemary everywhere here! Growing rampant and beautiful, sending its glorious, taunting scent in my direction. Well, I'm not beat yet. I'm going to try both of these again in the spring.
Now, for what people actually cares about (or rather, a few offhand questions about them) - my pilfered geraniums!
Well, there ya go. My next project: pilfering some rosemary clippings. Shhhhh!
1 comment:
i love that you garden! and you're doing a great job. i also had fun checking out that garden shop you mentioned--it's fun to live in a place where they actually have stores. go west coast! =)
Post a Comment