Thursday, November 29, 2007

Holy Free Fabric, Batman!

I was at Enrichment tonight. We tied quilts. I forgot how good I am at repetitive, sudo-mindless work like that. Especially when there is conversation to be had. At the end of said quilt tieing, there were three boxes full of free material. What?!? Free fabric! I am there. And I was. For about fifteen minutes. Picking up a pound or two of free quilt squares and a bolt with about a yard or so of green polka-licious dot material on it.

Of course, it could have been just about anything and as long as "Free" was in front of it, it would be mine. This is how I came into possession of a giant light bulb, a red teddy bear (now named "Rojo" and residing in the boy's room), tons of clothes, and various other things that are not in my immediate eyesight and thus do not come to mind. And tons and tons of those macaroons that they make at BYU catering. Now those are definitely worth sneaking into an event to get. They were still kinda free. I think.