Sunday, October 23, 2011

Summer 2011: Ben and Sam's Birthday

My little baby boys turned five this year! It is mind boggling. We had a lot of fun celebrating this year. We played in our (very) little pool, because it was a scorcher and went to McDonald's in classic birthday celebration fashion. Then came home for some cake and presents.



I'm pretty terrible at decorating cakes, but Ben liked the icing robot so much that he cut him out all for himself.



The party really got started when we went on our camping trip. The boys picked camping over a friend party. We went to a little state park in the middle of farming country. We woke up to a cow mooing quite loudly across the river.



We swam, splashed and played in the river. We had s'mores and burgers for dinner. The boys loved it. And Charlotte did well, too.



When we woke up and got packed up we went on a completely annoying hike. The "lake" we were heading to was more of an algae covered puddle, it was extremely hot, and the boys got worn out pretty quickly. The highlight was finding a dead possum on the trail.



But at least Charlotte looked cute.



Afterwards we went to the river's beach and let the boys fish for a while. They did great, but sadly didn't catch anything. They did completely drench their pants though, so not a total loss.



It was a most splendid birthday.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Ok whichever of the boys is in that picture wearing the monster shirt and looking right at the camera,... can we say spitting image of zach? :) I had flashbacks to college looking at that picture. Sorry I can't tell which one it is,.. they've gotten so big I'm having a harder time knowing what they look like now. :) love you guys.

Katie said...

That's Ben. And yes, he does look like Zach. And yes, they are huge! I can't believe how big they've gotten. How are you feeling? And how far along are you? I've been awful about keeping in touch. Sorry.

Theresa said...

lol. that's ok. Not like I've been staying super in touch. :) doing well. feeling pregnant ha.. ready to be done a lot sooner this time I think than I was last time. But I can't complain,.. I'm not exactly ready for the baby to be here yet either so I guess I'll just tough it out. :)