Yet again, we were completely unprepared for California coastal weather. It is always the opposite of what we are expecting. I should start bringing supplies for all weather conditions. Oh, well. At least it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. And either way, we still had a great time.
A well placed plank entertained the boys for a long time. It was brilliant.
We walked up and down the beach several times, playing in the waves and picking up pretty stones. Sadly, I tripped backwards over a rock and dropped our camera full into wet sand. It's been mad at me ever since, but it still mostly takes pictures, so not all bad.
Zach ended up getting 7th overall and 2nd in his age group! We were very impressed. And the boys were so happy that he got two medals! (one for finishing and one for placing). And it was such a fun beach that I didn't mind being with the kids for a couple hours by myself (but don't tell Zach, because I think he still owes me. :)
Our gallant marathoner, boldly facing into the wind. And looking forward to a great post-race burger!
No comments:
Post a Comment