Monday, May 31, 2010

Easy Peasy Numbers

I've been feeling the urge to "finish" our house. It is sometimes like we're in limbo between undergrad-dom and being real people when it comes to our home. And maturity levels.

On an obscurely related note, the boys have been very interested in letters and numbers lately. I hung those name banners over their beds and now they can both (very slowly) spell out their names.

So, I came up with this idea to put some numbers into their room. The whole project took about two hours from start to finish with several interruptions. And this was the result.



The frame was from the As-Is department at Ikea for $2.50. The numbers are all freehanded out of pages torn from magazines and the like. The background is the piece of paper that comes with the frame turned around to the white side. Wicked simple.



The white frames next to it are also originally from As-is, but a long time ago. I'm thinking of painting them, but we'll see when/if that happens. It definitely makes the room look like we didn't move in by accident.




The boys love it. Especially the popcorn bag 8.

2 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

I dig it! I hope you know that when we finally have a place of our own, it will probably resemble yours in quite a few ways....I'm totally copying your project ideas... :)

Katie said...

Ah, thanks Laura! I'm glad you like it. And you are always welcome to copy my ideas.