Tuesday, December 8, 2009

See Zach Run

Zach ran a 17k this weekend. He came in 5th in his age group! It was on a trail up in the hills, so the terrain was a little different than he was used to, but he still managed to run it all in about an hour and a half. He did great!

After parking the car, the boys and I got there right in time for the race to start. I thought we were standing out of the way, but it turns out we were right where they were going to be running. The guy starting the race yelled out, "Watch out for that kid!" because Sam had wandered off into the running area. I had to grab him out of the way. Thankfully, no trampling occurred.

Luckily for me and the boys, there was a playground right by the finish line that the boys happily played on for the whole time. They were pirates. Sadly they decided to be mean pirates when some other kids showed up and went around saying, "Arrrr!" in their scariest pirate voices. And the poor two-year-olds playing kept starting to cry and run away. So, instead I got 8 cents from my purse and we hunted for treasure and completely froze our finger tips. Good times.

3 comments:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Ohmygosh, treasure hunt...best idea EVER. You are one smart cookie!!! :) Sooo, you guys coming down to Disneyland any time soon???

Katie said...

Thanks! I don't think so. At least not in the near future. Is that where you guys are now?

Vanessa said...

Go Zach! That's awesome tht they scared the other kids. I love my nephews.