Saturday, October 24, 2009

San Fransisco and Running

Zach's family came in a couple of weeks ago for Scott/Grandpa to run his second marathon in Oakland. It was great to see everyone and we had lots of fun. We went into San Fransisco, got completely stuck in traffic, got Hannah scared to death about earthquakes, walked down by Fisherman's wharf, remembered how there were a ton of sea lions down there, had lunch, forgot about the sea lions, went to see the Ghirardelli chocolate factory, found out that they had moved it to San Leandro, got several hot chocolates anyway, and then got the gitters. It was great.

Sam, sampling the chocolate

Ben, loving life

Shauna, Hannah, Emma, and Scott partaking of the deliciousness

Scott ran a good race and we all were impressed and a little in awe of the endurance and insanity that you must have deep down in your bones to want to do something like this.

Coming towards the finish line

The best part of this race was that they let the friends and families of the runners (that's us) have some food too. And that was awesome. That has always been my main gripe about races is that they are so stingy with their food. I've been sitting around forever waiting for my runner to come in, I think I'm entitled to a bagel. And maybe some juice.

Luckily, these guys had plenty of food and handed it out quite generously. It was great.

Eating and Chillin'

While they were here Shauna was busy making these little crocheted robots for the boys. Aren't they so cute? The boys love them. They are very into robots, astronauts and space right now. They picked a bunch of planet books out at the library.

Sam's Robot

So, we had a great time. And people should come and visit us more often. We like it.

Ben and his tongue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I totally forgot the sea lions! Why didn't you say something! All I could think of was that I was so hungry and all the food was going to cost a ton and I didn't want all that chocolate on an empty stomach... and then it was soooo crowded!

But the robots are cute :)

Did you know that Sam called our house yesterday? Hannah answered and he was pushing lots of buttons he did tell her it was Sam... then the phone hung up.

Katie said...

That is hilarious! We didn't realize that he had actually called anyone. I'm glad they had a good chat.

No worries about the sea lions. They are kinda smelly. :)

meg said...

they moved Ghirardelli?


I'm back now. I think it's safe to say, "a good time was had by all." So I said it for you. Because you'll allow me to do that.

intialc! (word verification. i think i will close all comments on your blog with this from now on. catchy.)