You may have been wondering where that project that I was supposed to finish and put pictures up of is. Well. It's not finished. And I have a really good excuse. We were watching Doc Martin all weekend on Netflix. And then a plague descended on our house and we've all been sick for several days. Yesterday was the first day all week that we even ventured outside. And it was tiring. For me. The boys seemed fine. We're slowly starting down the road to recovery. I hope.
Anyway, I'm going to try and work on the project, but there are a gazillion things that I'm trying to do before we leave in a couple weeks and I'm a little worried that my brain is going to explode.
So, in the mean time, you'll have to survive on some little boy conversations, which I hope you'll enjoy and hopefully they aren't just funny to me.
(While I was making cookies for an event)
Me: You need to wait. Do you know what "wait" means"
Sam: No more cookies.
(We acquired a large, rubber cockroach a while back. It's over a foot high and probably two feet wide spread out. I hate it. The boys love it)
Ben: Ow! Sam don't hit me!
Sam: Watch out, Ben! There's a sword coming!
Ben: Sam don't hit me. Just hit that cockaroch.
Sam: Take that, cockaroach!
Ben: Once upon a time there was a little boy. He jumped into his bed. And he bumped his head.
(pause)
Me: What happened to him?
Ben: He died.
Me: (handing something to Ben) Here ya go, sweetie.
Ben: I'm not a sweetie.
Me: Yes you are. You're my sweetie.
Ben: No, girls are sweeties. I'm not a girl.
4 comments:
hahaha...as usual.. love the plunge into the toddler's minds. :) can't wait to see your project. maybe you can muster the motivation to finish it before leaving for the rest of the summer. (If not chalk it up to life and forget about it,.. but tell us what it was going to be anyway,.. ) ;) No sense in working yourself to death over an unimportant project in the grand scheme of things. :)
So glad he knows that he is not a girl. cute, cute. (wait, he would probably think cute is too girly too!)
hahaha those are funny, i think in a general way.
glad to hear that plague in your house wasn't bubonic or black, because that would just be a complete and utter bummer.
good luck getting ready for your trip!
I love your conversations! They are so funny! :)
Post a Comment