Friday, April 3, 2009

spring is springing...

all over the place.

Sam Bunny and Breakfast

Ben and Sam pretending to be rabbits and telling each other to stay out of Mr. McGregor's garden is just one sign that Spring is here. Another sure sign is that my tulips are blooming. As you can see.

I'm sure that these pots are too small for these tulips. Especially two bulbs per pot. I was pretty sure at the time, but I had run out of suitable containers. The stems are way too short. They should be about twice that long. I'm not complaining, I'm just not sure I'll be able to use them again next year. Oh, well. They're mighty pretty though. And I have others that are growing the way they should.

Also, you may recall how I obtained this strawberry pot.


Well, last fall I planted several strawberry plants in it, but with very unsatisfactory results. I only got one berry off of the plant. So, I got some pretty little succulents and moved the strawberries to a hanging pot, where they are doing better. Aren't succulents glorious? And I love them in this pot.

Next post: Trip north of San Fransisco... Coming Soon!

8 comments:

Theresa said...

Where are you going north of san fran? love the strawberry pot.,..I think you changed the colors. I like it blue. succulents are great. DonJuan the sexy philodendron,.. don't remember the rest of his title sorry.

I love that the boys are playing peter cotton tale that's awesome! haha.

Theresa said...

oh i forgot seductive,..

Katie said...

Oh, yes Don Juan: The Sexy, Seductive, Philodendron. Unfortunately, I accidentally left him at my sister's house during the move. I haven't asked her how he's doing.

We already went to a little town right across the bridge.

And it's Peter Rabbit. We have yet to become acquainted with Peter CottonTail.

Theresa said...

my mistake.. :) you see i'm aquainted with both and therefore the mix up. :) or in other words,.. same diff,.. haha. poor don,.. he needs looking after. but your strawberry succulants are wonderful. :)

Kim said...

I always LOVE your header! Do you create them yourself? And I can't believe how BIG your boys are getting. I can't believe they'll be turning 3 this summer!
And we will TOTALLY have to hang out this summer when you come to visit the in-laws! We'll have to be creative with what we do...since it will be SO hot! Swimming is always FUN:-)

Katie said...

Thanks, Kim! I do make them myself with Photoshop. It's fun stuff.

We will definitely get together. And it would be great if it was something that wasn't in blazing weather. But I'll take what I can get. :)

Amy (Swapp) Tremayne said...

I love your flowers...I do not have a green thumb at all. In fact, I tend to kill anything I touch (in regard to plantlife). I did have one recent success, although I'm not sure it counts, I got a chia pet to grow.....I think those are pretty fool proof though.

Unknown said...

Cute little Sam Bunny.