Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Apostles and Apostates

a faux headline from Divine Comedy

Zach brought this little nugget of hilarity to my attention today. Apparently, in The Daily Universe (BYU's student paper) they printed the most humorous typo in they're long and illustrious career of typos.

Under a photo of the twelve apostles, read the caption, "Quorum of the Twelve Apostates."

I'm sorry about any side aches that result from from laughing so hard. Here's an article with further details.

And here is my favorite line from the article:

"This is extremely rare," she said. "The focus today has been how and why the error occurred and what we can do to make sure that this does not happen again."

Yes. Extremely rare.

It makes me a bit nostalgic, actually.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

It's really funny that these guys take themselves so seriously,.. Obviously it was an honest mistake,.. what got me rolling was that they didn't release that statement until they'd investigated first to make sure that it wasn't malicious! ha! even if it was malicious I'm sure it wouldn't have done any harm and people would still assume it was an honest mistake. the people that read the daily unifarse would know the difference. It just cracks me up how seriously the mistake was taken,.. (I guess on some levels I can see it as a bad mistake but mostly I just see it as a a fun opportunity to laugh)

Now,.. what I'd really like to read is the article on Explicit Lyrics Mo-tab CD creates Discord,... (seriously? explicit lyrics? like what? and why isn't anyone jumping around calling it the Mo-Tab when isn't that considered familiar and disrespectful?) Unfortunately I noticed you said it was a mock headline from Divine Comedy so I guess I'll never get to read the fascinating article.

Sarah Q said...

That is too freakin' halarious! Spell-check is not your friend.

Zach said...

I don't think it was taken seriously until the AP took it up and it got printed in several newspapers across the country.