Anyway, a couple of months ago, the boys' pillows erupted in a cloud of fluff. They had been washed too many times, and it was all too much for them to handle. They were just cheapies from IKEA, so I wasn't too upset about it. But, I didn't want to just throw out two pillows worth of stuffing, because that just seemed wasteful. And I just hate to throw things away when I think they can be useful for something. Which explains our upstairs closet.
So, all that fluff sat in a big plastic bag on our dryer for several months. Until Friday, when I broke out the sewing machine and got to work.
I used my old fitted bedsheet from my college days, when I had a single bed and which now serves no purpose in our house (we're planning on keeping the boys in their crib sized beds with one side taken off for as long as humanly possible).
I just cut four circles out of the fabric and then found the circumference (which was probably the hardest part and required a google search. In case you were wondering, Zach still remembered the formula. He's awesome and annoying like that. It's
My goal was to create pillows that they could use as little chairs for watching TV and reading books and the like. And because you can never have too many pillows.
As you can see, they have fulfilled that original purpose.
But, they have also used them as soccer balls, projectiles, layers of a cake and trampolines. And I don't know why I was surprised by that.
After all, we're dealing with wily little boys here. Next step: Make removable (and washable) covers.
5 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed. I'm still at the "I can sew anything as long as I have a pattern" stage. I'm impressed that you figured it all out on your own and that they turned out fabulously! Good work.
those look so comfy. very impressed! i feel like you held out on these talents you have--wait, is that the wily-crafty part? i guess if i have to ask...
i am in awe and envy of your sewing prowess. i didn't even realize i needed a circle pillow, but now my life feels bereft without one!
You go girl! You are hard core! :)
Katie Janay...I am SO proud!
Post a Comment