Sunday, September 23, 2007

Settling In so we can start over...

We've settled in enough now that I feel like I can start rearranging things without it being too much of a headache. Does that make sense? To rearrange the cabinets in the kitchen while unpacking sheets and toys and paintings would be like putting your naked hand into a jar of scorpions and hoping for the best. Now it will be more like a jar of worms or slugs; unsettling, but in no way dangerous.

We made pretzels today. Don't expect a steamy cauldron for pretzels? Well that is the way Alton Brown does it. And Zach does everything Alton Brown does.Zach made them and I brushed egg yolk onto the tops and salted them. So. Darn. Good. They were perfect. We invited the Katz's, Zach's cousins, over to help devour them. Though, I'm not sure we would have really needed help.
A little puffy maybe, but so very good. The boys continue to love it here. Though they were a little upset that it rained on Saturday. They didn't get as much of their outdoor time as they wanted. Though, they did get some out of me.

Barefoot, no less.

No comments: