All I can say is, "I'm sorry. But, really, you should probably calm down. There is no need for faces like that."
Now. Let's move on. A few days after Christmas Zach's family (Scott/Grandpa, Shauna/Grandma, Hannah and Emma) came for a lovely visit. It was much, much fun.
We showed them around town a bit, and saw a movie, and ate a lot of delicious food. I forgot to take pictures of these things, so you'll just have to use your imagination. And make sure to imagine them as being loads of fun, because that's what they were.
On New Years Eve we went down to Monterey to go to the Aquarium there. We've never been there and everyone was very interested in going. It did not disappoint.
This is a sea lion (or a seal? I can never tell the difference) That was just out on a rock off the aquarium.
Sam and the aquatic mammal. Sam showed just how much he appreciated seeing this amazing creature so close by using the telescope to look at the buildings behind us. It was free, so I don't mind.
Ben and Jelly Fish. He really enjoyed these.
Actually we all enjoyed these. They are very mellow when they are behind glass. Unlike when you see them at the beach and are constantly wondering if you are about to be stung. Not like that at all.
Scott/Grandpa, Sam and Ben at the touching pools. Sam tentatively touched several of the creatures and enjoyed himself thoroughly, and then went to play a game.
Ben managed to get pretty wet. He was very vigorous in his touching (and got the attention of some of the aquarium employees).
Ben and Sam under the wave window. They could have stayed there all day.
Also, while we were looking at the penguins, the electricity all went out and a barrier came down over the glass. It was pitch black. Luckily I happened to be kneeling by the boys, because they got a little freaked out. Then it all came back on and the barrier went up. All the penguins were out of the water walking towards their keepers, who had been feeding them at the time. Then later there were two penguins swimming around in the exhibit for the San Fransisco Bay. With sharks and seaweed and everything. They had no business at all being there. I think, and everyone will back me up on this, the penguins were up to something. Something mischievous.
Thanks for the visit, guys! We had tons of fun! Come back, soon!
2 comments:
ha ha! love the angry face at the beginning. That is exactly how i have been feeling ;) Also I love Monterey! (that is where my honeymoon was!)
you all look fabulous! i loved catching up on all of your awesomeness ;) we miss you guys!! hope baby girl is doing well! how much longer? oooh, i'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment