Monday, April 26, 2010

Speech!

Before we proceed to the hilarity that is Ben and Sam, I just thought I would explain how I record these. The boys crack us up all the time and if I want to remember it I absolutely MUST write what they say down immediately. I'll write these things down on scraps of paper, napkins, receipts, or whatever flat surface I find first. If I don't, then I forget them, or they get mangled up in my head and Zach and I will debate what exactly it wast that they said. So many funny things have been lost because I just didn't write them down soon enough.

Because of this lack of organization on my part, I sometimes find a small stash of quotes that I've written down somewhere but haven't yet recorded here. This is what happened with several of the quotes from today. The first four are from back at Christmas time. But, I figure, better late than never.

Also, for some reason, I often have batches that are very heavy on one of the boys and less on the other. This group has a ton of Ben and hardly any Sam. Other times it has been the other way around. It's kind of odd.

Anyway, here we go.



Ben: "Sam, you're a Christmas love! Ma, I called Sam a Christmas love. That's a very nice thing to call boys."

Ben: "Hey. Look! Sam's so handsome!"

Sam: "Does too much frosting make people loose a teeth?"
Ben: "No, it's not."

Ben: "Ma, come, come! I'm a super hero with a large gun. I want you to see the large gun. I'm a super hero with a large gun and he's a super hero with a small gun."

Me: "Do you want butter on your bread?"
Ben: "Yes! Butter is my favorite!"
Me: "Okay. (proceed to put butter on bread)"
Ben: "And honey. (Hand buttered and honeyed bread to Ben)
Oh. I don't like butter."

(While I'm attempting to open a jar)
Ben: "Mom don't! I'm gonna open it for you. (Takes jar and attempts to open it with all his might. Stops and hands it back to me.) Or maybe you can."

(While holding Ben after he got hurt I started patting his back)
Ben: "Mom, it's hard to cry when you do that."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So smart them down, even if they do get lost for a while. I need to start doing that.

I love the Christmas love quote. That IS a very nice thing to call a boy.