Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quick Conversations with Two-Year-Olds

So, before I get into the hilarious antics of my two terrible toddlers, I'm going to broach an issue that I've been meaning to discuss for a while: New Years Resolutions. Now, I've never really given much thought to them in general, usually coming up with a slew of random resolutions on New Year's itself. But this year I thought about several and actually wrote them down on a piece of paper. One that I would see before next new years. I wrote down about, oh, twelve resolutions. Ya, it's a lot, but I had a lot of things that needed resolution. Now, I know it's not even February yet, but I am actually living up to about half of these! I'm so completely amazed with myself. Now, here comes the part where this applies to this blog. None of these resolutions have anything to do with this blog. I didn't make any blog related resolutions, so in my attempts to fulfill the other things on my list I've let this go. I'm going to try and do better, but I don't want to loose my momentum, so expect to see random entries about exercising, craftiness, cooking, and, well, it's a pretty long list. So, just expect some randomness. Alright? Now, moving on.

Here are the latest conversations that I've documented for posterity from the boys:

(while looking at a picture of a white coach on the computer)
Sam: (in a kinda spooky voice) It's a ghost...
Me: What? What's a ghost?
Sam: It's a ghost. Right there. (He then points to the white couch)
________________

One morning Ben has woken up and is playing in our bed. We hear Sam starting to wake up and cry a little in the other room.
Me: Benny, go tell Sam that Mommy is in here.
Ben: Okay! (runs out in that endearing two-year-old manner)
(in the other room)
Ben: Sammy, Mommy in there!
Sam: I want Batman!
Ben: What? Oh, here he is.
Sam: Thanks.
(It's good to know that I am so, so needed)
________________

During evening cleanup of the boy's room after I put away a tractor toy.
Sam: You put my best friend away!
Ben: Mommy you put the tractor away! It's Sam's best friend!

(This is one of Sam's favorite phrases by the way, best friend. He has a lot of best friends these days.)
________________

Ben comes into our room whilst I'm on the computer, asking me to put a "fishing pole" in the playmobil guy's hand (it is actually part of the pirate ship). Sam screams in the other room.
Me: Why is your brother screaming?
Ben: Because he's screaming. (he begins to walk off with the guy) Ha ha, fishing pole.

8 comments:

Theresa said...

hahaha! I never get bored of you and the boys katie,... hahahahhaa.

Unknown said...

love these!!!

kelsey said...

I love the conversations, especially the Batman one. Something similar happened to me recently too.

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

I love these! Do more...lots more. I can't wait till Ella starts talking!

meg said...

they are so funny! jane has a lot of best friends too. i don't remember talking to her about best friends, maybe kids just have inherent knowledge of them.
hooray for you with your resolutions! you're inspiring, woman.

Kim said...

How FUN! Those conversations were SO cute:-) When Audrey starts talking more...I want to write down/blog some of her little conversations. And way to go on your New Year's Resolutions! You are doing much better than me...thats for sure!

Scott said...

Reminds me of thier dad!

Amy (Swapp) Tremayne said...

I hope you guys are planning to come out for the family reunion in June, I'd love to meet these two little boys.